Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Thunder

It's thundering outside of my house today. It's finally really raining. The past couple weeks we've had annoying rain, but not real rain. Welcome to summertime in Georgia.

I love rain, I always have. I know sometimes rain can be a downer, but as long as I don't have something important planned for outdoors, I welcome it. Rain to me means staying inside, cuddling up with your hunny, & watching a movie. It means reading a good book & finally getting to use your cute polka dotted umbrella. I always get the best sleep when it's raining. I wake up in the middle of the night & hear the rain pattering on my roof & I smile to myself & curl back up in bed.

I knew it was threatening to rain all afternoon. There was a big gray cloud overhead when I was heading home from school. When I got home, I kept peaking out our front door, waiting in anticipation for it to start. When it finally did, I felt a load lifted off me & I opened our storm door a little so I could smell the new rain.

I love rain.

No comments: