Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Nesting....

I think I'm on the nesting phase. We were very productive with working on Emma's room this weekend. We ordered her furniture (should be here in 7-14 days), her bedding came (which I LOVE...Yay, Pottery Barn Kids!), David cleaned out her room a lot & then I did quite a bit too.

Her stuff is all moved to one wall now, so we can see what we have left to do. She's got a lot of stuff for a person that isn't even here yet...

Yesterday I started taking stars & planets off her ceiling. The previous owners put them up for their kids, but the ceiling is really looking bad & needing to be painted. We decided we would remove the stars & planets, so we could paint. Plus then the ceiling wouldn't be such a pain for future owners (we may put our condo on the market sometime this year). Just word to the wise.... do not put stupid stars & planets on your ceiling, ever! They are a pain in the butt to take off! I've taken off parts of the ceiling because some of the putty holding them up had gotten too old & too hard. Some of the other putty is gooey & blue, so poor David will have to paint multiple coats on the ceiling! Ugh! Not to mention the fact that I'm 7 months pregnant & standing on a step ladder & scratching my knuckles on the textured ceiling...

So plan for today: take a shower, do laundry, work on taking off more stars, start organizing sections of the kitchen cabinets (see, nesting!)

I'll let you know how it goes! Hopefully with some pictures! yay!

No comments: